Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I LUV ME ONE HIT WONDERS!

"Now that we found love what are we going to do with it?" Yes, the all important question posed by Heavy D. & The Boyz. And many other interesting song related topics from famous and not so famous one hit wonders. 

My work is bringing out a One Hit Wonders CD compilation this April. I looooooved the list of songs. So I thought I would down memory lane with you. Some are on the compilation, others are personal picks. Let's take it back to the 90s, baggy clothes, flat top haircuts, ugly washed denim, sneakers with heavy soles, daggy dance moves happy pants and all. 

Starting with Shanice - I Love Your Smile. Now, I may be taking a punt here but is Shanice's song channeling Janet Jackson in some, or many ways? 




Big Mountain - Baby I Love Your Way. A Classic.




Shame on you if you got busy to this song... Silk - Freak Me




Or this song, Az Yet - Last Night, key line "I almost cried cause it was so beautiful", Oh no!



And finally, and this especially goes out to my man all the way in Kiwi land, P-Money. Yep Yep, Snow - Informer

2 comments:

  1. That Big Mountain song reminds me of family times sitting around our massive house eating african food. Such a good song.

    ReplyDelete