Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wow



Well it doesn't have to be said how amazing today is.

As much as I was griping before, I do have to say I feel incredibly honored to be here touring such an amazing and revolutionary time for this country.

I don't want to harp on too much because I know that everyone will be and I doubt any of us can do justice to the magnitude of the day.

But of course I see all things through music and I found this clip of Jay-Z in DC the other night doing a live remix of Young Jeezy's "My President is Black".

Now to clarify I think that Jeezy's track is dumb and focuses predictably more on materialism than on the new commander in chief.

However, the thing about this clip is not so much how good the verse is. I mean it is great as you come to expect from Jay. But the incredible thing is you can practically feel the electricity and the excitement in the air, even through the crappy qaulity recording.

He can't even get through four bars of the first verse without the crowd absolutely losing their minds.

The track doesn't start till around 1:20 so skip unless you want to hear Jeezy talking shit...


It's pretty incredible, check it here


just one thing though...

is everyone cool with us not reffering to the president as "my nigga" anymore?

that cool?

how bout not calling anyone that?

all gravy?

ok great thanks

=====UPDATE======


Here's the track

No comments:

Post a Comment